Built by D. & W. Henderson & Company, Glasgow, Scotland, 1882. 3,037 gross tons; 340 (bp) feet long; 37 feet wide. Compound engine, single screw. Service speed 11 knots. 760 passengers (760 third class).
Built for Anchor Line, British flag, in 1882 and reverted to Hesperia. Glasgow-New York and Mediterranean-New York service. Also Glasgow-Bombay service. Scrapped in Italy in 1905.